Here’s a sample of what’s inside the premier issue:
- From the Saddle of My Bike. The rewards of resisting the temptation to drive and instead experiencing the world from a saddle on the way to work. by Christian Seeley
- Commuting Kits: Essentials and Extras. What should you bring with you to be Scout-level prepared on your bike commute? Here’s what we think are the essentials, plus some helpful extras, in the way of tools and spare parts. by the Bicycle Times staff.
- The Rain Woke Me Up. A story about trying to connect with a familiar place made remote by time. by Mike Garrigan
- The Candy Store. We review an all-around Villager and a cruising Agwe, plus parts and accessories to help you ride more and enjoy it. We also test a collection of wet-weather cycling wear.
- Advocacy. An interview with Jonathan Maus, the self-taught journalist behind BikePortland.org, an influential news and information site for Portland area cyclists (and the rest of the country). by Jeff Lockwood
- Bike Socials. Cycling events around the country.
If you were asleep at the subscription switch, you can still own a piece of history and order a single copy of Bicycle Times #1 via this link. To make sure that you don’t miss another issue, order your Bicycle Times subscription today!